Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thoughts from Divine Mercy in my Soul Diary

May 20, 1937.  When for a whole month I had been enjoying good health, it occurred to me that I did not know which was more pleasing to the Lord – my serving Him in illness or in the robust health for which I had asked Him – and I said to the Lord, “Jesus, do with me as You please,” and Jesus returned me to my previous condition. 1125
Sick? Chronically Ill? Disabled? Homebound?
Just like St. Faustina, you too are pleasing to the Lord. You can serve him, wherever you are. We have a purpose for living and are worthwhile.
April 17 1937 ...If a soul loves God sincerely and is intimately united with Him, then, even though such a soul may be living in the midst of difficult external circumstances, nothing can disturb its interior life; and in the midst of corruption, it can remain pure and unsullied; because the great love of God gives it strength for battle, and God also protects in a special way. 1094  
Hang in there. We have much to be thankful for. Keep your eyes fixed on God.

But my eyes are toward thee, O Lord God; in thee I seek refuge; -Psalm 141:8
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. -Psalm 73:26

Jesus, I trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment