Saturday, March 22, 2014

There is always a way

O Sacrament Most Holy,
O Sacrament Divine,
all praise and all thanksgiving
be every moment Thine.

There is always a way to grow closer to God and fulfill the desires of our heart, even if it's not exactly how we want it to be.

When I started a 'prayer time' this morning, I began to think that it would be a good blog post if I wrote about it. Some idea of what I could write was coming to me, and maybe I should have welcomed that distraction, because now I am finding it harder to remember what I was thinking about. This week I began to try to set aside some time each day for prayer. Something I often try to do and fail at. Weeks, and months can go by before I try again sometimes, and here I am again. I know I need more perseverance and determination not to give up, and give all that I have even if it's nothing at all. I need to keep my mind and heart, as much as I can, focused on God. I believe a big part of my struggle too is not having the sacraments. I always try to watch the Mass on EWTN, but that just isn't the same as a real Mass, and definitely not the same as if I were able to receive communion. Whenever I have received communion in the past, it's as if nothing happened. But when I am without it, then I can sense a bit of what I am missing and my spiritual life seems to fail more. I am still trying to figure out that situation. (If you are in a similar situation, you can always ask a priest to come visit you for confession and have someone bring you communion.)

At the end of February, I went to church to spend time in adoration for nearly 3 hours. I had plans of going every week. But after that one time, I have not been back yet. Something always seems to happen to get in the way when I make more efforts to get to church. This time I was in severe pain for a week and in the hospital for a day, and then the next week I struggled with sleeping and had other problems, the next week I've been sick with a cold and struggling more with my daily issues. I am going to keep going back to adoration, but I have to realize if I can't go every week, it's okay. I will not give it up completely though (the "easy" thing to do would be to forget it again), I just need to go when I am able. It is disappointing though, when I so much would rather be there every week when Eucharistic adoration is available, for at least a few hours at a time!

A few times in the past, I've visited savior.org for adoration. Today I thought, why not do that again.


When I first heard about this years ago, I thought it wasn't such a good thing, but I see it differently now. It really is a wonderful opportunity for someone to spend time in adoration when they are not able to get to a church. It might be on a screen, but He is still completely there, and with you and me, no matter where we are, and being able to at least see the blessed sacrament, who is Jesus truly present - body, blood, soul, and divinity - is better than nothing. God also knows our hearts and our desires if that is what we really wish to be doing, we can still spend time with Him at home.



I got out my phone and went to savior.org, and had the blessed sacrament right there, in my room. if you don't have a cellphone, tablet or any other thing like it, and aren't able to use the computer, you can at least remember that He is always with us anyways, and think about and imagine the closest church to where you are. We really aren't that far away from Him.



If you want to do something, but you seem to be incapable of doing it, don't let that stop you. There's always a way.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh. -John 6:51

One must not think that a person who is suffering is not praying. He is offering up his sufferings to God, and many a time he is praying much more truly than one who goes away by himself and meditates his head off, and, if he has squeezed out a few tears, thinks that is prayer. -St. Teresa of Avila

When you look at the crucifix, you understand how much Jesus loved you. When you look at the Sacred Host you understand how much Jesus loves you now. -Mother Teresa of Calcutta

O Jesus! on this day, you have fulfilled all my desires. From now on, near the Eucharist, I shall be able To sacrifice myself in silence, to wait for Heaven in peace. Keeping myself open to the rays of the Divine Host, In this furnace of love, I shall be consumed, And like a seraphim, Lord, I shall love You. -St. Therese of Lisieux

A thousand years of enjoying human glory is not worth even an hour spent sweetly communing with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. -St. Padre Pio

The time you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the best time that you will spend on earth. Each moment that you spend with Jesus will deepen your union with Him and make your soul everlastingly more glorious and beautiful in heaven, and will help bring about an everlasting peace on earth. -Mother Teresa of Calcutta

No comments:

Post a Comment