Thursday, March 27, 2014

Making cards for hospitalized kids

I started to make cards for hospitalized kids back in December 2012 when I found out about the organization cards for hospitalized kids. It was started by a teen girl with a chronic condition who has undergone many surgeries. One day, while at the hospital someone gave her a handmade card which made her feel good and so she wanted to start making cards for others too. Now anyone can join in by making cards and sending them in, and they will distribute them all over the USA. See their website for more info! (Unfortunately, religious themes for the cards are not allowed)
It's nice to have this opportunity to do something for others and be involved from home. And although I am not a great artist, it doesn't take a lot of talent to put a smile on someone's face, to brighten up their day and remind them that they are worth something, they can be strong and are not alone. Sometimes the most simple things in life, are the most beautiful and meaningful.
I've made cards for Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Spring, and for any time. For this year, I almost did not start making any because of everything going on with me lately and then wanting any distraction from life that I can get rather than working on any project like this.... but I can't let anything stop me. I'm feeling more better at the moment, and with that time I've been given, I should and can do this. It makes a difference and it's making better use of my time too, instead of being glued to a computer game like I have been recently or doing anything solely for my own pleasure. I've decided I need to give up spending that excessive amount of time on the sims game, for the remainder of Lent at least, and do something more. So much time wasted on things that don't really matter! I hate when that happens. We need to make more efforts to stay focused on God and others, not just ourselves, even in our struggles. Our struggles are never just about us, but about others. Perhaps if you are able, you would like to get involved in doing this too?







1 comment:

  1. These cards are amazing---thanks so much! Hope you'll consider making cards again in the future! - Jen, Founder of Cards for Hospitalized Kids

    ReplyDelete